Tuesday, September 5, 2017

The Icky Sticky World of Research Grants

One thing that I'm starting to become familiar with is the world of research and proposals. This is something that I've never had to do in the past, but it's rapidly becoming part of my cycle of thoughts are research grants. There are so many out there and I have to say that the University Grants Committee (UGC) in Hong Kong has made some very smart decisions to encourage people in academia to conduct research. As someone who has never done research, the hardest part is getting started. So borrowing from the startup world, they've introduced a the Early Career Scheme which is a way of starting many frugal research grants to help potential researchers get their feet wet and go through a small version of a research cycle. I find it very encouraging and would like to find a way to get my previous blog idea started with one of the grants in this scheme. For future reference, this link is a comprehensive list of grants available in Hong Kong and their submission schedule. This is only available to EdUHK Staff with your "friends" account. If you don't have one, you don't need this information.

No comments:

Post a Comment