Recently, I've been searching for a way to fund my reading idea. The idea is a year level based reading challenge. I've made a site using Google Sites that lists the rules and conditions of the contest and on it there is a link to a Google Form. The innovative part here is that Google Forms allows students to upload images to a form. Using this feature, having the students take a selfie with the text in question as a way to support the assertion that this student read the book. Also there are a few barriers to entry. Each form entry requires the student to input some basic information such as the title and author of the book and it includes a tick box to select genre.
The hope is that bachelor of education students will access more texts in English and hopefully improve their academic performance in English, which is their second language.
Here the funding is difficult because I would like to get a grant to run this project, but really all the funding is for research which would track and measure the impact of such a scheme. With the data collected from several different cohorts, the ways in which these data can be analysed are many. But they don't really support the impact that I was hoping for. I just wanted to keep it simple and sustainable and promote future teachers' access to English language texts.
No comments:
Post a Comment