Thursday, September 7, 2017

How to use Google Classroom @ EdUHK

For a while now our course tutors have hit a brick wall with trying to access Google Classroom so that they can collaborate with their students. The simple barrier is this: staff and students are on separate domains. The former is on a "friends" domain and the students are on an "s" domain. Google Classroom, as far as I know, only works within the same domain. So the simple fix is this. Get a student account and set up your Google Classroom there.

How do I get started?

Write an email to the OCIO Helpdesk [helpdesk@ocio.eduhk.hk]
Inform them in the email that you would like to have a student account so that you can use Google Classroom.
Fill out the form that they will provide you and have your department or faculty head sign off on the document and also get your department/faculty chop on the document.

Due to the excellent efficiency of the OCIO staff, I had my account ready to go the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment